In June of 2010 as a part of an assignment assisting another consulting company Big Bear identified many issues of concern with regard to the security of the clients premises, security services contract, supervision, operational legality and treatment of its contract security leaving the client open to fraud and collusion with local organized crime.
In 2011 the client’s own audit organization reached the same conclusions spurring them to engage Big Bear for the following assistance:
- Provide security services contract formats and bid packages
- Service provider pre-qualification and bid package preparation
- Covert in-store operatives and overt security supervision
- Upgrade electronic access controls and surveillance systems
- Findings during the initial phase of the operation led the client to conclude that they needed to forcibly remove their current security provider and Big Bear mobilized a contingent force of more than 130 security personnel to take over while a new contract was bid.